Phd student @ Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University.
I am currently a fourth year PhD student in Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, under supervision of Prof. Yong Cui. I am visting School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, during September 2016 to October 2017, under advisor Prof. Y. Charlie Hu. My research interests include mobile systems/networks, cloud computing and cloud storage. I received my B.E. in 2013 in Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China.
(Available on the job market in 2017 fall!)
- Zeqi Lai, Y.Charlie Hu, Yong Cui, Linhui Sun, and Ningwei Dai. Furion: Engineering high-quality immersive virtual reality on today’s mobile devices. In MOBICOM. ACM, 2017, (Acceptance Rate 35/189=18%).
- Yong Cui, Zeqi Lai, Xin Wang, Ningwei Dai, and Congcong Miao. Quicksync: Improving synchronization efficiency for mobile cloud storage services. In MOBICOM. ACM, 2015, (Acceptance Rate 38/207=18%, first student author!).
- Zeqi Lai, Yong Cui, Mining Li, Zhenhua Li, Ningwei Dai, and Yuchi Chen. Tailcutter: Wisely cutting tail latency in cloud cdn under cost constraints. In INFOCOM. IEEE, 2016, (Acceptance Rate 300/1644=18%).
- Zeqi Lai, Yong Cui, Yimin Jiang, Xiaomeng Chen, Y.Charlie Hu, Kun Tan, Minglong Dai, and Kai Zheng. Wireless network instabilities in the wild: Prevalence, app (non)resilience, and os remedy. In ICNP. IEEE, 2017, (Acceptance Rate 39/209=18%).
- Zeqi Lai, Yong Cui, Yayun Bao, Jiangchuan Liu, Yingchao Zhao, and Xiao Ma. Joint media streaming optimization of energy and rebuffering time in cellular networks. In ICPP. IEEE, 2015, (Acceptance Rate 99/305=32%).
- Yong Cui, Shihan Xiao, Xin Wang, Minming Li, Hongyi Wang, and Zeqi Lai. Performance-aware energy optimization on mobile devices in cellular network. In INFOCOM. IEEE, 2014, (Acceptance Rate 320/1645=19%).
Journals & Magazines
- Yong Cui, Zeqi Lai, Xin Wang, and Ningwei Dai. Quicksync: Improving synchronization efficiency for mobile cloud storage services. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2017, (first student author!).
- Yong Cui, Zeqi Lai, and Ningwei Dai. A first look at mobile cloud storage services: architecture, experimentation,
and challenges. IEEE Network, 30(4), 2016, (first student author!).
- Yong Cui, Shihan Xiao, Xin Wang, Zeqi Lai, Zhenjie Yang, Minming Li, and Hongyi Wang. “Performance-aware energy optimization on mobile devices in cellular network.” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 16, no. 4 (2017): 1073-1089.
- 2017.1 TP-Link Scholarship
- 2016.9 Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship 2016 Nomination Award Winner
- 2015.9 National Scholarship, Tsinghua University
- 2010-2012 National Scholarship, UESTC
- Android, Java, C/C++, Matlab, Unity 3D, Origin.
- A bandwidth allocation method, CN103686874B, Zeqi Lai, Yong Cui and Shihan Xiao.
- 500px: https://500px.com/uestclzq